Fry Scholarship - Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship
The Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (Fry Scholarship) provides Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to the Children and Surviving Spouses of Service members who died in the line of duty while on active duty after September 10, 2001. Eligible beneficiaries attending school may receive up to 36 months of benefits at the 100% level.
This benefit provides:
- Money for tuition (full in-state tuition costs at public schools and up to $26,381.37 (August 1, 2022 - July 31, 2023) / $27,120.05 (August 1, 2023 - July 31, 2024) per academic year for training at private or out-of-state schools)
Money for housing
Money for books and supplies
- Regular Army: Active Duty
- Regular Army: Retired
- Army National Guard: Active Duty Under Title 10 USC or Title 32 USC (Full-Time National Guard Duty)
- Army National Guard: State Active Duty
- Army National Guard: Drilling
- Army National Guard: Retired
- Army Reserve: Active Duty
- Army Reserve: Drilling
- Army Reserve: Retired
VA relaxes masking at health care facilities
WASHINGTON, May 30, 2023 - Today, the Department of Veterans Affairs announced that it has relaxed the masking requirement at VA medical facilities. VA facilities will no longer universally require masks in most clinical areas.
TRICARE Preventive Health Benefits Women Should Know
FALLS CHURCH, VA, May 25, 2023 - Eating well, exercising often, and getting enough sleep are habits that can help you live your healthiest life. And when it comes to feeling and staying well, getting preventive health care is also a must.