TRICARE Extended Care Health Option (ECHO)
The TRICARE Extended Care Health Option (ECHO) provides supplemental services to active duty Family members (ADFMs) with qualifying mental or physical disabilities. ECHO offers integrated services and supplies beyond those offered by your TRICARE program option (such as TRICARE Prime and TRICARE Select).
Active duty sponsors with Family members seeking ECHO services must sign up for their service’s Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) (unless waived in specific situations) and register for ECHO with their regional contractor to be eligible for ECHO benefits.
There is no retroactive registration for ECHO. You must get prior authorization from your regional contractor for all ECHO services.
- Regular Army: Active Duty
- Regular Army: Retired
- Army National Guard: Active Duty Under Title 10 USC or Title 32 USC (Full-Time National Guard Duty)
- Army National Guard: State Active Duty
- Army National Guard: Drilling
- Army National Guard: Retired
- Army Reserve: Active Duty
- Army Reserve: Drilling
- Army Reserve: Retired