School Liaison Office
Benefit Fact Sheet
Military life presents unique challenges to students and their Families, and School Support Services can help. School Support Services, which is a part of Child & Youth Services (CYS), provides a wide range of support through the School Liaison Program. School Liaison Officers (SLOs) are your best support in the areas of education, schools, and military transitions. SLOs act as a conduit between schools - including public schools, private schools, and homeschooling - and the installation.
All military-connected Families are eligible for support through the School Liaison Program.
School Liaison Officers provide resources to Families to help “level the playing field” for military-connected children in PreK-12 as they transition. Some of these resources include providing information about your new community and educational options as well as connecting your Family to the Army's Youth Sponsorship Program. If you are being relocated to an area near a military installation, regardless of the military branch, reach out to the School Liaison.
School Liaison Officers (SLOs) support Families and students experiencing all types of transitions, to include deployments. Please call or visit your local School Liaison Officer if you need information or assistance related to:
- School Transition and Deployment Support
- Installation and School Communication
- Partnerships in Education
- Homeschool Connections
- Post-Secondary Education/Opportunities
The School Liaison Officer:
- Serves as the primary point of contact for education related matters
- Informs and supports Installation Command Teams
- Assists military-connected Families with school issues
- Coordinates with local schools
- Forges partnerships between the military and schools
- Initiates Army Youth Sponsorship for transitioning students.
Army MWR School Support Services:
Army School Liaison Directory:
In addition, contact information for School Liaison officers on Army installations may be located on the Military Resource Locator Library on MyArmyBenefits: