National Park and Interagency Military Pass
U.S. military Service members, Veterans and Gold Star Families are eligible to receive free lifetime access to more than 2,000 Federal recreation areas, including national parks, wildlife refuges, and forests. The free Military Pass is a way to thank America's Veterans, Gold Star Families, and current military and their dependents for their support of our country and to encourage them to explore recreational opportunities on their public lands and waters.
On November 11, 2022, the Interagency Military Pass was expanded to include a pass that does not expire for Veterans and Gold Star Family members. The National Defense Authorization Act of 2022 authorized a free lifetime pass to National Parks and other federal recreational lands for eligible Veterans and Gold Star Families.
- Regular Army: Active Duty
- Regular Army: Retired
- Army National Guard: Active Duty Under Title 10 USC or Title 32 USC (Full-Time National Guard Duty)
- Army National Guard: State Active Duty
- Army National Guard: Drilling
- Army National Guard: Retired
- Army Reserve: Active Duty
- Army Reserve: Drilling
- Army Reserve: Retired