State / Territory Benefits - Utah


State Taxes
Education Benefits
Employment Benefits
Unemployment Compensation
Division of Motor Vehicles Benefits
Health and Insurance Benefits
Parks and Recreation Benefits
Resource Locator
Miscellaneous Benefits
Veterans Administration (VA) Medical Facilities


Summary: Utah offers special benefits for its military Service members and Veterans including Disabled Veteran Property Tax Exemptions, Utah National Guard Tuition Scholarship Program, Veterans Job Preference, State Education and Tuition Assistance, Special Fun Tags, Vehicle Tags, as well as Fishing License privileges. Eligibility for some benefits may depend on residency, military component and Veteran disability status.


State Benefit Highlights and Eligibility


State Taxes:

State Tax Advantage: None

Federal Income Tax Deduction: Utah permits taxpayers to deduct one-half of the federal income tax liability as shown on their federal return for the same tax year. The federal tax deduction is based on the tax calculated on their federal return, not on the amount of federal tax withheld by employers.

Military Disability Retired Pay: Retirees who entered the military before September 24, 1975, and members receiving disability retirements based on combat injuries or who could receive disability payments from the VA are covered by laws giving disability broad exemption from federal income tax. Most military retired pay based on service-related disabilities also is free from federal income tax, but there is no guarantee of total protection.

VA Disability Dependency and Indemnity Compensation: VA benefits are not taxable because they generally are for disabilities and are not subject to federal or state taxes.

Military SBP/ RCSBP/ RSFPP: Up to age 65, individual can deduct up to $4,800 of survivor benefits; $7,500 at age 65 or older.

Military Personnel & Their Spouses: Under a new federal law, earned income of the Spouse of a nonresident active duty military Service member is now exempt from Utah income tax. The military income of the Service member continues to be exempt from Utah tax, but the exemption now extends to the earned income of the non-military Spouse

Learn more

Retirement Credit for Taxpayers Age 65 and Over: A taxpayer age 65 or over as of December 31, 2014, may be able to claim a non-refundable tax credit of up to $450. If a married couple is filing a joint return and are both age 65 or over they may claim a credit of up to $900. The credit will be phased-out by a percentage of the excess of your modified gross income, over a certain amount based on filing status.

Learn more

Retirement Credit for Taxpayers Under Age 65: A taxpayer who meets the following requirements and receives eligible retirement income during the year may be able to claim a non-refundable tax credit of up to 6 percent of eligible retirement income or $288 if lesser:

  1. The taxpayer must have been born before January 1, 1953;

  2. The taxpayer must be under the age of 65 as of December 31, 2014; and

  3. The taxpayer must have received eligible retirement income from one or more of the sources listed below.

Eligible retirement income is pension or annuity income paid to a retiree or the surviving Spouse of the retiree if the income was:

  1. Paid from an annuity contract purchased by an employer under a plan that meets the requirements of IRC Section 404(a)(2);

  2. Purchased by an employee under a plan that meets the requirements of IRC Section 408;

  3. Paid by the United States, a state or political subdivision of a state, or the District of Columbia; or

  4. Taxable retirement social security benefits (excluding disability or survivor benefits), but only if included in your federal adjusted gross income.

Income that does not qualify as retirement income for credit purposes includes:

  1. Disbursements from deferred compensation plans, such as IRC Section 401(k) and Section 457 plans; and

  2. Social security survivor benefits a Child receives on behalf of a deceased employee.

A surviving Spouse is entitled to the credit for eligible retirement income received on behalf of a deceased Spouse. However, Children and other recipients are not entitled to the credit.

Eligible retirement income must be attributable to the taxpayer claiming the credit. Retirement income attributed to a Spouse because of community property law does not qualify.

The credit will be phased-out by a percentage of the excess of your modified gross income, over a certain amount based on filing status.

Learn more

Disabled Veteran Property Tax Abatement: The exemption is up to $244,064 of taxable value of a residence, based on the Veteran having a military service-connected disability percentage of 10 percent of more. The exemption can also be applied toward tangible personal property, such as motor vehicles.
This exemption is available to Veterans disabled in military service, their unmarried surviving Spouse or minor Children. An application with proof of military service and proof of disability (or death) must be on file with the county where the eligible property is located.

Learn more

Back to top


Education Benefits

State Tuition Assistance Program (STA): STA pays up to $250 per semester hour. This amount cannot exceed 100% of the tuition cost for a course.. The maximum amount paid is $4,500 per year. STA may be combined with the Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB) and Kicker (additional tuition assistance), when the student is enrolled at least 1/2 time or more, STA, the MGIB-SR and the MGIB Kicker Programs may be combined and may exceed 100 percent of tuition costs. Funding is available on a first come first served basis. Soldiers may use STA to receive one credential from each of the following levels:

  1. Secondary School (High School) Diploma or its equivalency (GED);

  2. Certificate (undergraduate, graduate, vocational, technical, licensure);

  3. Associate degree;

  4. Baccalaureate degree;

  5. Master's degree

Eligibility: Utah Army National Guard Soldiers, who maintain Utah as their Home of Record, STA can be applied to a course or program taken at a regionally or nationally accredited, public or private college, university, vocational, technical or trade school located inside or outside the State of Utah.

Learn more

State Tuition Waiver Program: The State Tuition Waiver Program was developed to aid Soldiers of the Utah National Guard to receive tuition assistance at all Utah State public universities and colleges. The program will cover the cost of tuition equivalent to the full time rate of (12-18 credit hours) for the academic school year. This includes both semesters for Fall and Spring each year. To be considered for the State Tuition Waiver you must submit an application between January 1st and May 31st prior to the year you will attend. This program pays 100% of tuition and can be used with Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA), but cannot exceed 100% of tuition.
Eligibility: Utah Army National Guard Soldiers to be used at UT State schools.

Learn more

Purple Heart Tuition Waiver: Purple Heart recipients are eligible for a tuition waiver in all state schools in Utah. This benefit can be used toward a degree up to and including a Master's Degree.
Eligibility: To receive this benefit the Veteran must submit proof that they are a Purple Heart recipient to the Utah State Institution they are attending.

Learn more

Enlisted Association of the National Guard in Utah (EANGUT) Scholarship Program: The Enlisted Association of the National Guard Utah (EANGUT) has established a scholarship program to assist members of the Utah National Guard in pursuing advanced educational and academic opportunities. These scholarships are for one year, to attend an accredited college, university, or vocational technical school in the State of Utah. The Officer Association sponsors six tuition assistant grants of $1,000 each; the Enlisted Association sponsors three $1,000 scholarships. These scholarships are based on available funding.
Eligibility: The scholarship program is open to outstanding enlisted members of EANGUT, their Spouses or dependents.

Learn more

Scott B Lundell Tuition Waiver for Military Members' Surviving Dependents: This Bill waives the undergraduate tuition at state institutions of higher education for surviving military dependents. The waiver in this section does not apply to fees, books, or housing expenses. The Utah Department of Veterans Affairs is the administering agency for this benefit. Call 1-800-894-9497 or (801) 326-2372 for information on how to use this benefit.
Eligibility: Surviving dependents of Utah resident military members killed in the line of duty on or after September 11, 2001.

Learn more

Veterans Upward Bound (VUB): Veterans Upward Bound specifically serves Veterans who are transitioning from the service into postsecondary education. VUB offers free academic advising, career counseling, testing, and instructional services to eligible Veterans.
Eligibility: Veterans must meet the following eligibility requirements:

  • Must have served at least 181 days active duty

  • OR Was a member of a reserve component of the Armed Forces called to active duty for a period of more than 30days (at least 31 days) on or after September 11, 2001

  • OR Was called to active duty for less than 30 days to serve in support of a contingency operation on or after September 11, 2001

  • AND Be one of the following:

    • Potential first-generation college graduate (neither parent graduated from college.)

    • low income

Learn more

In-state Tuition: Active duty military and veterans that have been release from active service within the 12 months of attending school will receive tuition at the rate of in-state tuition at public degree granting and certificate granting schools.

Learn more

Honorary High School Diplomas: Veterans from WWII, Korea, and Vietnam who left high school for military service during those conflicts may be eligible to receive Honorary High School Diplomas from the particular school that they left. Contact the local school district for information on how to receive the diploma. (Utah Code 53A-3-426)

Learn more

Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children: It is the purpose of this compact to remove barriers to educational success imposed on Children of military Families because of frequent moves and deployment of their parents by:

  • Facilitating the timely enrollment of Children of military Families and ensuring that they are not placed at a disadvantage due to difficulty in the transfer of educational records from the previous school district or variations in entrance or age requirements.

  • Facilitating the student placement process through which Children of military Families are not disadvantaged by variations in attendance requirements, scheduling, sequencing, grading, course content or assessment. Facilitating the qualification and eligibility for enrollment, educational programs, and participation in extracurricular academic, athletic and social activities.

  • Facilitating the on-time graduation of Children of military Families.

  • Providing for the promulgation and enforcement of administrative rules implementing the provisions of this compact.

  • Providing for the uniform collection and sharing of information between and among member states, schools and military Families under this compact.

  • Promoting coordination between this compact and other compacts affecting military Children.

  • Promoting flexibility and cooperation between the educational system, parents and the student in order to achieve educational success for the student.

Primary Point of Contact:
Dr. Martell Menlove, MIC3 Commissioner
Address: 250 East 500 South, P.O Box 144200, Salt Lake City, UT 84114
Phone: 801-538-7510

Learn more

Back to top



Employment Benefits:

Veterans Hiring Preferences By Federal law, Veterans who are disabled or who served on active duty in the United States Armed Forces during certain specified time periods or in military campaigns are entitled to preference over non-Veterans both in hiring into the Federal civil service and in retention during reduction in force. Veterans may be entitled to 5 or 10 points included in any scoring process for examination or interviews.

5-points Hiring Preference:

  1. 180 or more consecutive days, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001 and ending on a future date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or law as the last date of Operation Iraqi Freedom, OR

  2. Between August 2, 1990 and January 2, 1992, OR

  3. 180 or more consecutive days, any part of which occurred after January 31, 1955 and before October 15, 1976.

  4. In a war, campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized or between April 28, 1952 and July 1, 1955.

10-points Hiring Preference: (added to the passing score or interview of):

  1. Have a service connected disability, OR

  2. Received a Purple Heart.

Learn More

Veterans Reemployment Rights: Uniformed Services Employment & Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) provides protection against discrimination in employment because of service in the uniformed services (Title 38, chap 43 USC). Inquiries regarding reemployment rights should be directed to the U.S.D.L., Veterans Employment & Training Services (801-524-5703) (Utah Code Title 38. Chapter 43)
Eligibility: Veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserves may be eligible for reemployment with their civilian employers it they meet certain requirements under the Uniformed Services Employment & Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA).

Learn more

Military Leave: Utah state, county or municipal government employees are allowed full pay for 15 days of military leave per year for annual military encampment. Military leave is in addition to and distinguished from annual accrued vacation leave with pay.
Eligibility: Service members of the organized Reserve/ National Guard. (Utah Code 39-3-2)

Learn More

Veterans Job Representative: Local Veterans Employment Representatives (LVER) and Disabled Veterans Outreach Person (DVOP) are located statewide in the larger employment offices of the Utah Department of Workforce Services. They provide intensive employment related services for targeted Veterans, referral to job opportunities, resume writing, referral letters, Veteran's preference, employment counseling, etc.

Utah Department of Work Force Services has several programs available for Veterans of all eras. Visit DWS's website for more information and a list of Veterans Representatives click. Vet Reps

Learn more

Back to top



Unemployment Compensation:

Unemployment Compensation: Utah's Department of Workforce Services administers the Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits. The Utah UI program is a federal/state partnership established over 60 years ago to provide temporary financial assistance to eligible unemployed workers. This program provides economic stability to workers, Families, communities and the Utah economy as a whole.

Eligibility for UI benefits is based on the wages you have earned, not on your individual or Family financial resources. Additionally, you must be able and available to accept full-time work to qualify for UI benefits. As such, UI is not welfare, Social Security, workers compensation or disability assistance.

Benefits paid through the Utah UI program are funded entirely through a dedicated tax paid by employers, meaning that you as a worker do not pay any portion of benefit costs or UI taxes.

In general, unemployment insurance benefits are paid to eligible workers who:

  • have earned qualifying wages,

  • are unemployed through no fault of their own,

  • are able and available to work full-time and

  • are actively seeking full-time work.

You can file a new claim here.

For questions regarding an existing claim or UI benefits in general, please call the Claims Center at:

  • Salt Lake and South Davis Counties (801) 526-4400

  • Weber and North Davis Counties (801) 612-0877

  • Utah County (801) 375-4067

  • Remainder of State and Out of State 1-888-848-0688

Learn more

Back to top



Division of Motor Vehicles Benefits:

Purple Heart Fee Exemption: A recipient of a Purple Heart is exempt from paying fees related to motor vehicle license and registration. This does not exempt one from the property taxes or age-based fees which are still applicable. (Utah Code 41-1a-1211)
Eligibility: Purple Heart recipient.

Learn more

Driver's License Renewal: Military personnel whose Utah driver license expires while they are stationed outside of Utah and immediate Family members or dependents who reside with them while stationed outside the state may continue to use that license until up to 90 days after they are discharged, by which time they will need to file for an extension or renewal. Military personnel from outside Utah who are temporarily stationed in Utah may use their valid out-of-state or out-of-country license to drive in Utah, and so may their dependents. (Utah Code Vol. 2, Section 41)

Learn more

Veteran Status On Utah Driver License And Utah Id Cards: Veterans can now have "VETERAN" printed on their state issued driver licenses or state ID cards. In order to have this accomplished, go to any state Driver License or ID office and indicate on the application for these cards that you are a Veteran. You must have served on active duty and have an Honorable Discharge. Veterans must provide a DD-214 or a Report of Separation to have their status verified. All renewal fees are still applicable. (Utah Code 53-3-804)

Learn more

CDL Driving Skills Test Waiver: Beginning July 1, 2012 the Utah Driver License Division may waive the driving skills tests for military Veterans applying for a CDL who meet the licensing qualifications, been honorably discharged in the previous 90 days and have operated a CMV during the immediate 2 year period preceding discharge.
Eligibility: The applicant must complete all of the following requirements to be eligible to have the CDL skills tests waived: (application)

  • The applicant must complete the CDL-ST WVR page 1, and the last commanding officer must complete the CDL-ST WVR page 2;

  • Provide a DD214 or discharge papers showing evidence of honorable discharge within the previous 90 days;

  • Provide a copy of a DA348, AF2293 or other equivalent document verifying certification for operating a commercial motor vehicle; and

  • Pass all required knowledge testing.

Learn more

Veteran-Army License Plate: Utah Veteran's license plates may be purchased from any DMV for an initial $25.00 contribution to the Utah State Department of Veterans Affairs plus a $15.00 special plate fee and $10 annual contribution fee, in addition to normal vehicle registration and property tax fees.

Learn more

Purple Heart / Combat Wounded Plate: These Veterans are exempt of application and renewal fees. However, regular registration and property tax fees still must be paid. A membership card in the Military Order of the Purple Heart Association or military discharge form DD-214 issued by the National Personnel Records Center is required to obtain this plate.

Learn more

Former Prisoner of War: This plate recognizes Utah resident military Veterans held as a prisoner of war. This plate may be transferred to the surviving Spouse of a former prisoner of war so long as the surviving Spouse remains unmarried. This plate has a one-time $15 special plate fee. There is no annual fee.

Learn more

Gold Star Plate: This plate honors the Family of a member of the military who is killed while serving in the United States armed forces. This plate has a one-time $15 special plate fee when this plate is issued (this includes special group, plate, registration and decal fees). There is no Annual Contribution with this plate. This fee is in addition to all other fees due at the time the plate is issued. Fees pertaining to the renewal of a vehicle registration apply and must be paid.
Eligibility: This plate is only available to recipients of a Gold Star award as evidenced by military documentation.

Learn more

National Guard Plate: Vehicle owners pay a one-time special plate fee of $15 when this plate is issued. There is no annual fee for this plate. This plate is available only to current members of the Utah National Guard as evidenced in documentation to be attached to the registration application. Owners may not use this plate following separation from the Utah National Guard. Owners must register vehicles with new plates upon separation from the Guard. The qualified applicant must be listed on the registration.

Learn more

Disabled Veteran Plate: Available for Veterans with a service-connected disability. This plate has a one-time $15 special plate fee. There is no annual fee. A letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs or other United States military entity certifying the disabled status of the Veteran is required to obtain this plate.

Learn more

Pearl Harbor Survivor Plate: This plate recognizes those on duty and surviving the attack at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, on December 7, 1941. There is a one-time $15 special plate fee required to obtain this plate. A membership card issued by the Pearl Harbor Survivors Association is required to obtain this plate.

Learn more

Back to top


Health and Insurance Benefits:

Medical Benefits: Workers Compensation equivalent to State employees.
Eligibility: National Guard Service member's injury occurs while serving on state active duty.

Group Insurance: National Guard Association of Utah offers Term group life insurance with dependent coverage to $50,000 to age 65.
Eligibility: Member of Army National Guard.

Workers Compensation: Workers Compensation equivalent to State employees.
Eligibility: National Guard Service member's injury occurs while serving on state active duty.

Injury/Death Benefits: Relief that the legislature deems proper.
Eligibility: National Guard Service member's injury/death occurs while serving on active Duty.

Back to top


Parks and Recreation Benefits:

Fishing Privileges: The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources provides Veterans a Utah Disabled Veteran Fishing Licenses at a discounted price.
Eligibility: To qualify a Veteran must have a minimum 40% Service Connected Disability rating or higher. (Utah Code 23-19-38.2).

Learn more

America The Beautiful - The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass

Access Pass: A free lifetime entrance pass that provides access to more than 2,000 recreation sites managed by five Federal agencies. See Site Locations that issue the Access Pass. The Access Pass admits pas owner and passengers in a non commercial vehicle at per vehicle fee areas and the pass holder plus 3 adults, not to exceed 4 adults, where per-person fees are charged (Children under 16 are always admitted free.). The Pass may also provide a 50% discount on federal use fees charged for facilities and services such as camping, swimming, parking, boat launching, and cave tours. It does not cover or reduce special recreation permit fees or fees charged by concessionaires.
Eligibility: It is available to)citizens or permanent residents of the United States who are medically determined to be blind or permanently disabled. Veterans may obtain a passby showing proof of a medically determined permanent disability or eligibility for receiving benefits under federal law. A letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs stating the Veteran's disability rating will suffice. You can obtain an Access Pass in person, with proper documentation, from a participating Federal recreation site or office. See Site Locations that issue the Access Pass. Access Passes may also be obtained via mail order from USGS. Mail-order applicants for the Access Pass must submit a completed application, proof of residency and documentation of permanent disability, and pay the document processing fee of $10 to obtain a pass through the mail.

Learn more 

Annual Pass for US Military and Their Dependents: Free admission for one full year from the month obtained (through last day of that month). The Annual pass covers entrance to Fish and Wildlife Service and National Park Service sites that charge Entrance Fees, and Standard Amenity Fees at Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management and Bureau of Reclamation sites. Admits the pass owners and any accompanying passengers in a private non-commercial vehicle at per vehicle fee areas, or the pass owner and up to additional 3 adults at sites that charge per person, children 15 and under are always free. The pass does not cover or provide a discount on expanded amenity fees such as camping, boat launch or interpretive fees.
Eligibility: US military members and the dependents of deployed military in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard, as well as most members of the US Reserves and National Guard. Proper military ID is required (CAC Card or DoD Form 1173). You can receive your pass by presenting your US military ID at most Federal lands that charge an entrance fee. A list of sites that sell pass is available.

Learn more

Back to top


Miscellaneous Benefits:

Bus / TRAX Reduced Fare Cards: Veterans receive greatly discounted fares (50% reduced) to ride Utah Transit Authority (UTA) buses and TRAX light rail system.
Eligibility: Veterans meeting one of the following criteria:

  1. Forty percent (40%) or greater military service-connected disability rating by VA

  2. in receipt of VA non-service connected pension

  3. Veterans and others with transportation disabilities that cause either difficulty boarding or getting off a bus/light rail system or

    • Have difficulty standing in a moving bus/light rail system

    • Difficulty reading bus/light rail system schedules & understanding information signs,

    • Difficulty hearing announcements by bus/light rail system, or difficulty hearing announcements by bus/light rail systems operators.

  4. Persons receiving Social Security Disability benefits, SSI, or Medicare also get the UTA Reduced Fare Cards.

  5. Elderly persons age 65 and over qualify for Senior Passes at the same price as Reduced Fare Cards.

To obtain UTA Reduced Fare Cards do the following:

  1. Go to either UTA location at 167 S. Main St. or 3600 S. 700 W. in Salt Lake City

  2. Complete UTA Reduced Fare Card application form

  3. Present evidence (a VA letter verifying service connected disability rating or non-service connected pension)

  4. Pay $2.00 for UTA photo identification to incorporate on UTA Reduced Fare Card.

Visit for updated fare information.

Learn more

Homeless Veterans Fellowship: The Homeless Veterans Fellowship provides transitional housing for up to 18 months for Veterans. They can also provide emergency food bags and personal hygiene items. Coffee and donuts are provided during open hours. The Homeless Veterans Fellowship address is:

Homeless Veterans Fellowship
541 23rd Street
Ogden, UT 84401
Phone: (801) 392-7662

Learn more

Utah State Veterans Nursing Home: Quality nursing and health care services are provided for Utah Veterans with U.S. military service during peacetime or wartime. While wartime service is not a requirement for admission to the nursing home, wartime Veterans with one day or more of wartime service, as recognized by state and federal laws, have top priority. A Veteran's Spouse or surviving Spouse may also qualify for admittance to the Utah State Veterans Nursing Home, providing the marriage to the Veteran occurred at least one year before the application. Currently there are four State Veterans Nursing Homes:

Contact the Utah Department of Veterans Affairs for more information at either (801) 326-2372 or 1-800-894-9497.

Learn more

Utah State Veterans Cemetery and Memorial Park: A Veteran receives complete, professional burial services at no cost to Veteran's Family. The modern 150-seat chapel is the center-piece of the 30 acre memorial cemetery. The administrative building houses military artifacts and other patriotic materials. A Freedom Shrine contains copies of the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights and other significant historical documents that relate to the founding of our great nation.
Eligibility: The state Veteran's cemetery generally follows the eligibility requirements of VA National Cemetery System, including: any U.S. Armed Forces active personnel dying while performing duty or after having served during wartime. Reservist and National Guard retired personnel with 20 years of service are eligible for burial also. Surviving Spouses and dependent Children also are eligible to be buried in the Utah State Veterans Cemetery & Memorial Park, Bluffdale, under rules established by the state of Utah. (Utah Code Vol. 3, Section 71)

Learn more

Burial Benefits: As part of the commitment to caring for Veterans and their Families, the Veterans Administration provides benefits to care in a dignified manner for the remains of eligible Veterans. These benefits can include:

  • National / State Veterans Cemetery Burials

  • Headstones, Monuments, and Medallions

  • Presidential Memorial Certificates

  • Burial Flags

  • Burial Reimbursements / Allowances

  • Military Funeral Honors

Learn more

Back to top


Veterans Administration (VA) Medical Facilities in Utah:

Veterans Health Administration
VA Health Care Center
Salt Lake City: VA Salt Lake City Health Care System, George E. Wahlen Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 500 Foothill Dr, 801-582-1565

Outpatient Clinic
Moab: Moab VA Telehealth Clinic, 267 North Main St, Suite, 435-719-4144

Community Based Outpatient Clinics
Orem: Orem CBOC, 1443 West 800 North, Suite #302, 801-235-0953
Price: Price CBOC, 189 South 600 West, Suite B, 435-613-0342
Roosevelt: Roosevelt CBOC, 245 West 200 North, 435-725-1050 / Fax: 435-725-1057
South Ogden: Ogden CBOC, 982 Chambers St, 801-479-4105 / Fax: 801-584-2590
St. George: St. George CBOC, 230 North 1680 East, Bldg N, 435- 634-7608
West Valley City: Western Salt Lake CBOC, 2750 South 5600 West, 801-417-5734

Vet Center - 877-927-8387
Murray: Salt Lake Vet Center, 22 West Fireclay Ave, 801-266-1499 / Fax: 801-266-2577
Provo: Provo Vet Center, 1807 No. 1120 West, 801-377-1117 / Fax: 801-377-0227
St. George: St. George Vet Center, 1664 South Dixie Dr, Suite C-102, 435-673-4494

Veterans Benefits Administration
Regional Office
Salt Lake City: Salt Lake City Regional Office, 550 Foothill Dr, 800-827-1000

Intake Site
Hill Air Force Base: Hill Air Force Base, Airman Family Readiness Center, 5837 D Ave, Bldg 150

Learn more

Utah Department of Veterans and Military Affairs
550 Foothill Drive, Suite 202
P.O. box 58897
Salt Lake City, UT 84158-0897
Phone: 801-326-2372
Toll-free: 800-894-9497
Fax: 801-326-2369

Learn more

Back to top

Military Installations in Utah

Active Duty


Dugway Proving Grounds

Tooele Army Depot

Air Force

Hill Air Force Base

National Guard

Utah Army National Guard

Utah Air National Guard

151st Air Refueling Wing



Back to top

Document Review Date: 28 July 2014