Deployment and Mobilization Support
Army Reserve: Active Duty
Benefit Fact Sheet
Family assistance and support services will be provided to Families of Active and Reserve Component forces and to emergency-essential civilians in support of military operations - deployment or mobilization and Stability and Support Operations (SSOs) (includes mass casualties, evacuation, natural disasters, and acts of terror).
Army Reserve Soldiers on active duty and their family are eligible for Deployment and Mobilization Support services.
Mobilization and Deployment Readiness Program: The Army Community Service (ACS) Mobilization and Deployment Readiness Program provides active duty, reserve, and guard units with pre and post deployment/mobilization briefings, Family Readiness Group (FRG) assistance, information and referral services, resource materials, and Operation READY (Resources for Educating About Deployment and You) training. Training modules provide practical instruction pertaining to ongoing readiness. Topics include: Understanding and Planning for Military Separation and Pre-deployment Ongoing Readiness, Coping with Separation, and Financial Planning. The materials are designed to support unit commanders in preparing Soldiers, civilian employees, and their Families for military operations.
Pre deployment or mobilization and SSOs assistance will include:
- Support and assistance to unit commanders in establishing support groups caring for Families.
- Orientations for RC units and their Families that outline the assistance available upon unit activation and individual mobilization. Similar orientations will be provided to deploying emergency-essential civilians and their Families.
- Participation in mobilization and casualty work group exercises to test program effectiveness in providing Family support during deployment or mobilization.
- Assistance to single parents, dual military couples, and dual emergency-essential civilian couples in developing Family care plans for deployment.
- Coordination with local and State human service assistance agencies.
- Coordination with active duty, State Adjutant General and Army Reserve Command Office, ACS/Family Assistance Center staff, and Army OneSource Community Support Coordinators to identify potential Family members eligible for assistance.
- Identification of Families requiring special assistance and support during deployment or mobilization
Deployment or mobilization and SSOs assistance: During deployment or mobilization and SSOs, ACS will:
- Shift into a 24-hour Family Assistance Center
- Publish the toll-free Army OneSource number (877-811-ARMY) or www.myArmyOneSource.com to address Family issues.
- Provide assistance to all component Families as required.
- Assist casualty assistance officers in providing support to survivors with appropriate Care Team support as requested.
- Provide support to waiting Families.
- Assist deploying mobilized Reserve Component (RC) unit, Army Reserve Command and Joint Forces Headquarters - State Territory or District of Columbia in providing Family assistance to RC Families.
- Assist commanders in providing ongoing training for designated military personnel, Family members, and sponsors.
- Assist Families in identifying resources for relocating through the receiving ACS/Family Assistance Center as applicable.
- Serve as an advocate for Families with special needs.
- Inform rear detachment commanders and component agencies of problems affecting Families of either mobilized or deployed Soldiers and civilians.
FRGs are organizations of Family members (both immediate and extended such as fathers, mothers, aunts, uncles, and so forth), volunteers, and Soldiers belonging to a unit, that together provide information and assistance to others in the group. They create an atmosphere of mutual support within the group and provide a network of communication between the Family members, the chain of command, and community resources.
Post deployment or mobilization and SSOs assistance: This assistance will include briefings, workgroups to deal with Family reunification problems, and command after action reports (includes lessons learned and recommendations for improving procedures).
MyArmyOneSource.com is an Army Community Service-sponsored website that provides information about deployment, reunion, finances, Family, children's workbooks, and Family Readiness Groups. The download center allows Army Families to research and download information that is important for them:
Contact information for Deployment and Mobilization Support on Army installations may be located on the Resource Locator Library on MyArmyBenefits:
For active duty military, including mobilized or deployed Reserve and Guard personnel, living in an area where no childcare is offered or is unavailable at an installation due to high demand, use:
Visit the ARNG G1 Gateway, a one-stop shop for ARNG Information:
For the Military Deployment Guide, please visit:
AR 608-1 - Army Community Service:
Document Review Date: 11 February 2014